View all questions
- How can I shoot and create a project?
- What should I do if my 360° photos are blurry?
- What should I do if the rotator stops rotating?
- What should I do if the Bluetooth doesn’t work?
- What is the resolution of 360° photos taken by Asteroom?
How can I shoot and create a project?
- To shoot panoramas, click the camera icon in the app.
- Check and name the album. All panoramas will be saved in the album named after the shooting date, formatted as YYYYMMDD. Click album to check the panoramas and rename the album.
- Upload the album and create a new project. Click on the album page, select an album you want to upload, and click to upload then a project is created automatically.
What should I do if my 360° photos are blurry?
Double check that Pano Kit is set up on even ground and does not shake while turning. Check attachment of fisheye lens on the phone. The center of the fisheye lens should be placed exactly at the center of the rear lens of your phone. Please refer to our tutorial video on How to set up Asteroom Pano Kit.
Check the detected range is clean and no covering.
Keep fisheye lens align with the clip jaw as possible to prevent offsetting.
Don't lock too tight causing stuck nor too loose causing phone shaking. Test rotation with START/STOP before shooting. And it’s recommended to use a standard tripod.
Use level within the app to check its stability.
- If you are using a monopod, it is recommended to use the timer to allow the monopod to stabilize after you tab the camera although we always recommend using a steady tripod. When shooting again, take multiple shots at the same location and pick the best one.
Use special phone case for fisheye lens attachment. There are some phone models not easy to attach the lens at the right position without a phone case. We provide phone cases for iPhone Series and Samsung Galaxy series. https://www.asteroom.com/en/pricing
phone cases for fisheye lens attachment.
When to use timer?
- If you don't want to move along with the rotator, you may choose to set a timer and leave the room.
- Monopods are susceptible to shaking. It is recommended to use the timer to give it time to stabilize after tabbing ‘Camera’.
What should I do if the rotator stops rotating?
- The Pano Kid has run out of battery. Please charge it.
- The rotator was screwed too tightly on the tripod, causing some components of the rotator to get stuck and malfunction. Please loosen it to the extent that won't cause your phone shaking.
- There is an unknown reason that needs more troubleshooting. Please contact us for further assistance.
What should I do if the Bluetooth doesn’t work?
Troubleshoot this issue by restarting Bluetooth of the rotator and your phone. They will automatically re-pair and connect. The status of camera will be a bright light once connecting. If it keeps failing to connect, please report the issue via "Feedback" in the app.
What is the resolution of 360° photos taken by Asteroom?
The resolution of 360° panorama depends on your smartphone, but most range from 30 to 32 megapixel.